Geogard 221, ECOCERT
Share on Social to Earn Reward Points
Geogard® 221 preservative is based on dehydroacetic acid (DHA) and benzyl alcohol, and therefore is recognized by major cosmetic, toiletry and fragrance regulatory authorities worldwide for use in cosmetic and personal care products. Geogard®221 is light in color, essentially odourless and compatible in a diverse range of product formulations.
Key Product Attributes:
– Has a wide range of global regulatory approval
– Easy-to-use and compatible with most types of cosmetic formulations
– Wide effective pH range
– Compatible with key raw materials
– Safe handling
– Chemically and physically stable
– Meets ECOCERT and COSMOS natural preservative requirements
– Soil Association approved
– Not tested on animals
Recommended use levels: 0.2 – 1.1%.
– Use between pH 2–7
– Efficacy can be compromised above a pH of 7
– Can be added at both room and elevated temperatures
– Enhanced compatibility allows for the addition of Geogard®221 virtually anywhere in the manufacturing process
– Anionics may cause discoloration – carbomers and certain surfactants
– Highly soluble in polar organic solvents
INCI: Dehydroacetic Acid & Benzyl Alcohol & Water
Paraben free preservative.
Genuine LONZA brand preservative.
View the full LONZA data sheet here Geogard-221_TDS