Indulge in a relaxing and rejuvenating bath with these homemade foaming bath salts scented with our exotic Polynesian ylang ylang fragrance oil. Epsom and Himalayan pink salts provide a natural source of minerals while the SLSa creates a foaming effect for a little bit of added luxury. This simple recipe can be made in minutes and stored in a cute jar or resealable kraft pouch for easy access whenever you need a little self-care.
Makes approximately 680 grams of bath salts.
- 2 cups (500 grams) Epsom salts
- 1/2 cup (150 grams) Himalayan pink salt
- 2 Tbsp (30 grams) SLSa (Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate)
- 7g Polynesian ylang ylang fragrance oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Epsom salts and Himalayan pink salt.
- Carefully add the SLSa to the bowl and mix well. I use my hands (wearing gloves) to combine all the ingredients together, but you can use a spoon if you prefer. Make sure to wear a mask to avoid inhaling the fine powder.
- Add the Polynesian ylang ylang fragrance oil to the mixture and mix until evenly distributed.
- Transfer the mixture to a container with a lid for storage. A glass jar or a resealable kraft pouch works well.
- To use, simply add a handful of the foaming bath salts to warm bath water, and enjoy the luxurious bubbles and soothing scent.
For extra relaxation try a blend of these essential oils:
- 2ml Lavender 40/42 and 1 ml Frankincense essential oils
- 2ml Lavender 40/42 and 1ml Ylang Ylang essential oils
- 1ml Patchouli, 1ml Cedarwood and 1ml Frankincense essential oils