I have to say this moisturising cream turned out A-MA-ZING! I’m not sure if it’s because of the caffeine powder, or because of the oils and butters, but either way it’s my new favourite body cream. It’s left my skin feeling nice and soft and smooth and best of all it’s non greasy!
The addition of our body safe roasted coffee fragrance oil gives this cream a delicious aroma which will be sure to have you craving a cup of hot coffee ☕
(makes 200 grams)
124g Distilled Water
8g Caffeine powder
16g Cocoa Butter
14g Organic Coconut Oil
20g Apricot Kernel Oil
Cool Down Phase
1g Germaben II
2g Roasted Coffee Fragrance Oil
Tools & Equipment
Two heat proof mixing jugs
2 x Cosmetic jars
- Weigh all your water phase ingredients into a heat proof container and place in the double boiler.
- Weigh all your oil phase ingredients into a second heat proof container and place in the double boiler.
- Heat the oil and water until they reach a temperature of 70°C and hold for 20 minutes. This ensures any bacteria and other badies will be heated out of your mixture. During this time the caffeine powder will dissolve into the water so it becomes clear.
- After 20 minutes of “heat and hold” combine the oil and water phases and mix with the stick blender, pulsing gently on low for 2-3 minutes. This is the stage that your lotion is emulsifying. The lotion will be a white watery texture. This is completely normal and it will turn into a creamy lotion consistency as it cools. Once your lotion has emulsified set aside for 10 minutes or so to cool, mix with the stick blender every few minutes.
- Once the temperature reaches below 45°C add your cool down phase ingredients and mix well.
- Once the cream has cooled to room temperature spoon or pipe into jars then enjoy!